Je suis très contente to have a sister that lives in Paris and that likes to invite me to stay with her occasionally. Last month, the three of us spent a (long overdue) sisterly weekend together. Here’s what I brought beauty-wise.
The perks of staying at someone’s apartment is that A) you get a free bed B) you don’t need to bring boring stuff like toothpaste and shower gel. Hence, I only packed a couple of things.
- Lady Speed Stick Invisible Dry: a deodorant that I know works for me on hot days. As it was 30°C, it came in handy.
- Glossier Invisible Shield: bc. SPF, duh. Find the full review here.
- Nivea Sun SPF 30: the sun protection I used for my body. It’s a nifty travel size and gets the job done.
- V05 Dry Backcomb Spray: I once freaked out because this is one of my must-have hair products and I thought it got discontinued and things got dramatic and I wrote an emotional ode about it only to find out later it was available again so there’s that.
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra-Fluide: my new favourite face cream, well-loved as you can see. More about this soon!
Make-up-wise, I didn’t want to overpack but I also wanted to look good in pictures so it ended up being twelve items after all. Honestly, I tried.
- Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette in ‘Fair 372’: a travel staple that I’ve been using for years. Here’s proof.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in ’10’: a tried and tested favourite of mine.
- Anastasia Brow Wizz in ‘Taupe’: which gives me the best brows, every time.
- M.A.C Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder: keeping me matte, not all day long, but for an impressive amount nonetheless.
- Covergirl Lash Blast mascara: a new one I’ve been trying from the brand and that I’ve been liking so far. Review coming soon!
- Urban Decay Naked Basics palette: the perfect travel-size palette for a natural eye look/just a hint of definition in the crease if you’re into fuss-free make-up like me.
- Catrice Eyebrow Filler Perfecting & Shaping Gel: the best budget proof brow product and I’m not trying to get into another discontinued-panic but Catrice has actually replaced this with a new version which I’m scared to try because oh my god what if it’s not good.
- As tools: a Zoeva blush brush from the bamboo set that I’ve literally had for 10+ years, the 217 by M.A.C and the powder brush, Expert Face brush and Expert Concealer brush from Real Techniques.
That’s all. Not too shabby, huh?
Until next time,
Find more posts written in English here.
In case you’d like to stay up to date with the latest reviews and all things himartine.com, come join the fun by liking the official Facebook page or following me on Instagram.
Until next time,
- TRIED & TESTED: Make-up Eraser
- FRIDAY FAVORITE: Yves Rocher – Pure Calmille Moisturizing Cream
- HAUL: Estée Lauder Company Store – part 3
One thought on “TRAVEL: the beauty products I brought on my Paris trip”